Archive for the ‘Florida Electronic Library Articles’ Category
Date: July 29, 2011
These articles are available via the Florida Electronic Library at www.flelibrary.com.
Copyright and Limitations on Use © 2010 Gale.
In the search box, just type in key search words “Debt Ceiling”.
- *”Debt Ceiling Talks Target HME.” Home Care Magazine [Online Exclusive] 18 July 2011. Gale Power Search. Web. 29 July 2011.
WASHINGTON. Rumors of HME [Home Medical Equipment] cuts turned real last week as government officials continued to shuffle ideas around on the nation’s financial predicament. According to a leaked document, allegedly part of Vice President Joe Biden’s debt ceiling talks, three cost-cutting ideas targeting HME are on the table…
- *Kurtz, Howard. “Split Personality Disorder.” Newsweek 25 July 2011: 8. Gale Power Search. Web. 29 July 2011.
- *O’Donnell, Katy. “Reaching the Debt Ceiling: What It Means.” Nationaljournal.com 13 Apr. 2011. Gale Power Search. Web. 29 July 2011.
Right now, the federal government has to borrow an additional $125 billion per month to finance all its commitments — from troops in Afghanistan to Social Security and Medicare benefits for the elderly…
- “Countdown; The federal debt.” The Economist [US] 9 July 2011: 29(US). Gale Power Search. Web. 29 July 2011.
- “As national default looms, local experts in Portland say interest rates are the chief concern.” Daily Journal of Commerce, Portland 19 July 2011. Gale Power Search. Web. 29 July 2011.
Another way to better understand our National Debt
is with visual aids and charts. Currently there are excellent charts to be found on the New York Times and
The Atlantic [Monthly] websites.
- Fallows, James. “Another Chart That Should Accompany All Debt-Ceiling Discussions.” Atlantic Monthly. July 27. 2011. Web. CLICK HERE
This shows the second Obama Administration/White House chart released this week. It explains the U.S. National Deficit over the last decade.
- Fallows, James. “The Chart That Should Accompany All Discussions of the Debt Ceiling.” Atlantic Monthly. July 25, 2011. Web. CLICK HERE